About this Event 27 October 2021
With steel frames being widely accepted and used in Australia, AIBS has teamed up with Bluescope to develop this webinar training event on the approval mechanisms for building surveyors when accepting, approving and inspecting light gauge steel frames in the residential sector under the National Construction Code.
Topics will include the following;
- Fabrication and LGS:
Overview of the frame fabrication process, difference in fabrication technologies, incompatible materials/dissimilar metals
- Steel Structure
Structural details, bracing requirements, lintels, connections and hold down details, span tables,
- Compliance Mechanisms
NCC Compliance pathways, NASH Standards including, Bushfire compliance to AS 3959, Structural compliance, energy efficiency.
Good practice vs compliance mechanisms to NCC.
- Suitability for Building Surveyors
This webinar event is suitable for building surveyors who work in the residential sector and who need a refresher when approving steel frames or who have little experience in this construction technique and approval pathways using Vol. 2 of the Building Code of Australia.
|| Zoom Webinar
|| via AIBS online process
|| 12:00pm - 2:00pm AEDT
|| Wednesday 27 October 2021
|| 2 Type B
|| Midday Thursday 21 October unless it reaches capacity prior
Our events fill quickly, so please register today so you do not miss out! If the event reaches capacity, registrations will close immediately. If you cannot register due to the event closure, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the wait list.
If you have any issues with accessing Zoom or are a first tum user, please click here for frequently asked questions.
The link that you will receive to attend this AIBS webinar will not allow users to view from multiple devices. Please ensure that all wanting to attend the webinar have registered through the AIBS registration page to recieve a vaild link.
Please note that payment is due before the date of the webinar so we are able to distribute the link.
Those not registered through the AIBS registration will not be able to view content.
About the Speaker
||Lindsay Olsen – Technical Manager (VIC, TAS, SA, NT)
Lindsay specialises in the use and durability of pre-painted and metallic coated steels in the Australian residential and commercial construction sectors. Leveraging over 10 years of experience with BlueScope, he advises architects, specifiers and builders on product selection, material performance and compliance with standards. Lindsay holds a Bachelor of Engineering – Materials (Honours) from the University of Wollongong.
27 October 2021
2 type B CPD points
|| Price (all prices inclusive of GST)
Register Your Attendance
- To register your attendance for this event, you must be logged into your AIBS account.
- Once logged in, scroll down to the bottom and click 'Register Myself'.
- If you do not already have an account setup, you can set one up by clicking 'Create Account'.
- If you have an account however, unsure of your login details, please email email@example.com or phone the AIBS office on 1300 312 427.
- If you have an existing account and are a current financial AIBS member, please do not create a new account as this will only create a duplicate account and not carry across your membership therefore, you will not receive AIBS member rates for registration.
Important Event Terms & Conditions
|Registration & Cancellation Policy
- All outstanding invoices must be paid before registering your attendance for any AIBS events. If you are unsure, please contact the AIBS office to confirm.
- All registrations are for a single delegate for the entire day, no individual session registrations accepted.
- CPD points will only be awarded to the registered delegate.
- Full event registrations cannot be split for different delegates on different days.
- Day registrations cannot be split for different delegates on different sessions.
Refunds will be provided for cancellation as follows:
- More than 30 days before the first day of the event - full refund
- Between 7 and 30 days before the first day of the event - 50% refund
- Less than 7 days before the first day of the event - no refund.
- All registrations are confirmed upon completion of registration via the AIBS online registration system.
- All invoices will generate a payment term of 14 days from the date of registration however, please note that payment for a registration must be made prior to attending.
- In the circumstance where payment cannot be made prior to the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to notify.
- Any cancellation of a registration for AIBS events must be made in writing to email@example.com
- A failure to make payment in accordance with the above terms will not be accepted as a valid cancellation.
- 'No Show's - not showing up to an event does not cancel an existing invoice and therefore, must be paid.
AIBS Attendance Certificate
Please note that you will not recieve an attendance certificate for this event. AIBS record your attendance at any of our face to face training events, webinars or AIBSTV.
When preparing your AIBS CPD Return, you are not required to provide a certificare of attendance for AIBS events, as your attendnace is already recorded by our staff. When completing your return please not the date and name of the event, and AIBS staff will verify your attendance. This will save you having to fund and collate your attendance certificates over your CPD year,.
Please note that for non-AIBS events your evidence of attendance is required.
However, if you would prefer to recieved a certificate of attendance please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your certificate will be sent via email. If you have any questions regarding your CPD Attendnace Certificate please either call the AIBS office on 1300 312 427 or email email@example.com
Please Note the Following
- Dates may appear in American format depending on you internet browser language settings. This event will be held on Wednesday 27 October 2021. To change the browser language to the correct dates, please click here.
- You must be signed in to see the correct pricing.
- The pricing that is offered to you is dependent upon your AIBS membership status. If you feel the price that is shown for you is incorrect, please contact the office on 1300 312 427 for assistance.
- You must answer all questions marked with an asterisk and click "Save Responses" in order to complete your registration and proceed to checkout.
- Please note that upon registration you will receive an automated order confirmation. For details on how to access your invoice or receipt, please refer to our help guide.
- Registration will remain open until midday Thursday 21 October unless capacity is reached prior to this date.
This event is provided and hosted by the Australian Institute of Building Surveyors for the purpose of education and information. Views expressed by presenters and contributors are not necessarily endorsed by the AIBS. No responsibility is accepted by the AIBS for the accuracy of information presented at such training and events, or contained in written material provided to attendees at such training and events. The information and material presented is intended as informative only, and should not be relied upon without having first obtained professional advice, and no responsibility is accepted by the AIBS for any liability whatsoever to any person for any act done in reliance, whether partially or wholly, on the information presented or written material provided at any training or events. No part of any written material may be reproduced, copied or duplicated without the express written consent of the AIBS and the author.